This is a vital herb used by Chinese medicine practitioners as a treatment for several gynaecological complaints. According to traditional Chinese medicine, this herb is characterised as sweet, acrid, bitter, and warm.
How It May Benefit You
- menstrual irregularity, lack of menstruation, or painful menstruation.
- menopausal symptoms
- stabbing pain, pain caused by traumatic injury.
- poor blood circulation, pale complexion, possible anaemia.
- carbuncles that, according to traditional Chinese medicine, arise from stagnant blood;
- abscesses; sores.
- light-headedness, blurred vision, heart palpitations.
Should not be used during pregnancy or when you have excessive bleeding during your period.
WARNING: Herbs should only be used under the supervision of an experienced herbalist or naturopath experienced in herbs.
This root is widely available in tablet form.