Here are some suggestions for ways to Get healthy and Get Fit!
But remember, please see your doctor before starting on any fitness regime. It is vital that you start slowly and work up to your fitness goals.
- Do at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 6 times per week (see your doctor before starting any exercise regime).
- Cut down of watching T.V
- Addicted to computer games? Try going for a walk instead.
- 2-3 times per week, try some strength and flexibility training such as stretching/yoga, push-ups/curl-ups, weight-lifting or leisure activities.
- 3 – 6 times a week – do 30mins of aerobic exercise such as brisk walking, cross-country skiing, bicycling, swimming or 40 minutes of recreational exercise such as football, basketball, martial arts, hiking, tennis, dancing.
- Everyday – change your routine to include walking the dog, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, walk to the shops, work in your garden, get off the bus a few stops away from your usual stop.
- There is no such thing as ‘spot reducing’. If you want to lose weight in a particular spot, you need to reduce your overall body fat. This means combining sensible eating habits with regular exercise.
- Be realistic about your body. It is governed by your genes. But be as toned and fit as you can be.